After an exciting night in baseball, let’s take a look at the latest MLB trends and predictions for Friday. Following a positive evening in which all three of our predictions came to fruition you can keep an eye on our predictions by following us our social media outlets. As many teams are looking to race to the top of their respective division, let’s take a look at tonight’s MLB Trends & Predictions.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs New York Mets (August 2 – 19:05 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Trevor Williams (3-4, ERA: 4.87) vs Steven Matz (6-6, ERA: 4.32)
- The New York Mets are without a doubt the hottest team in Major League Baseball at the moment. They have won 7 of their last 7 games.
- Mets pitcher Steven Matz has found recent success against the Pirates. Matz won his last outing, which came at home against the Pirates on Saturday night. He went the distance, and managed no walks and seven strikeouts in a 3-0 Mets shutout victory.
- The head to head matchup has been kind to the Mets in the past. They went 3 for 3 and swept the previous series against the Pirates.
- These teams are trending in opposite directions. The Pirates come into the game with an MLB worst 1-9 record in their last 10.
- The Pirates are struggling offensively. The suspensions handed down by the MLB as a result of the Pirates-Reds brawl which occurred earlier this week is not going to help the situation.
OUR PICK: NEW YORK METS MONEYLINE
Cleveland Indians vs Los Angeles Angels (August 2 – 19:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Mike Clevinger (5-2, ERA: 3.28) vs Dillon Peters (2-0, ERA: 4.58)
- The Los Angeles Angels enter this game 4-1 (80%) on the road in their last 5 games.
- After two disappointing series against the Orioles and Tigers, the Angels are looking to bounce back and keep their playoff hopes alive against the Indians.
- Mike Trout is leading the way offensively for the Angels. They have scored a respectable 560 runs which is good for ninth in the MLB.
- On the flip side, the Indians have been below average in terms of offence. The 499 runs to their name is good for 20th in the league.
- The Indians excel as a result of their above average pitching. Ultimately, this matchup comes down to their respective strengths. If the Angels can get some solid pitching from Dillon Peters, their offence and will to make a playoff push can lead them to a win.
OUR PICK: LOS ANGELES ANGELS MONEYLINE
Colorado Rockies vs San Francisco Giants (August 2 – 20:40 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Peter Lambert (2-2, ERA: 5.67) vs Shaun Anderson (3-3, ERA: 5.06)
- The Giants play some great baseball on the road. They are 7-3 in their last 10 away games and they boast the third best away record in the NL winning 54% of the time.
- On the flip side the Rockies have had some immense struggles at home. They are an abysmal 3-7 in their last 10 matches in Colorado.
- Regardless of which team plays at home, the Giants have absolutely dominated the recent head to head matchup. The Giants secured victories against the Rockies in 11 of their last 15 meetings this year.
- The Giants perform well when Anderson is on the mound. They are a positive 5-1 in Anderson’s last 6 starts.
- Consistency may be the key to this pitching matchup. The Rockies are 0-7 in Lambert’s previous 7 starts.
OUR PICK: SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS MONEYLINE