The weekend is here and we got more MLB trends and predictions for you. We got another three interesting matches to look forward to today, as we look to improve on our positive record for the month of August. As always, feel free to share your views and opinions on our MLB trends and predictions by following us on our social media accounts.
Minnesota Twins vs Kansas City Royals (August 3 – 19:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Kyle Gibson (10-4, ERA: 4.10) vs Danny Duffy (5-5, ERA: 4.42)
- The Twins have been one of the top performing teams in the league this season. They have managed to achieve a 62% win percentage so far. On the other hand, the Royals have been quite poor with only a 36% win percentage to show for.
- Minnesota managed to pick a huge win against Kansas City last night as they edged them 11-9.
- The Twins are 4-1 in their last 5 matches. The Royals are 1-4.
- Kyle Gibson is 4-0 in his last 4 home starts against Kansas City.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the last 5 home matches for Minnesota.
OUR PICK: MINNESOTA TWINS MONEYLINE
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Washington Nationals (August 3 – 20:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Robbie Ray (9-7, ERA: 3.91) vs Stephen Strasburg (14-4, ERA: 3.26)
- The Diamondbacks have been struggling at home all season. They have only managed to win 46% of their home matches. On the other hand, the Nationals have a respectable 51% win percentage when playing away. That is good enough for 5th best in the National League.
- The Nationals have started the series against the Diamondbacks in the best of ways as they picked up a convincing 3-0 win last night.
- Washington has been very solid away from home in their last 20 matches, having picked up 14 wins in that span.
- Stephen Strasburg has picked up seven consecutive wins for the Nationals.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the last 6 meetings between the two teams.
OUR PICK: WASHINGTON NATIONALS MONEYLINE
Colorado Rockies vs San Francisco Giants (August 3 – 20:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Jon Gray (10-7, ERA: 3.88) vs Madison Bumgarner (6-7, ERA: 3.67)
- The Giants are one of the National League’s best away teams. So far, they have managed to win 53% of their away matches this season, which is good enough for 3rd best. On the other hand, the Rockies have been struggling at home. They have only managed to pick up 7 wins in their last 20 matches when playing in Colorado.
- Despite their negative form at home, the Rockies won the opening match of the series last night 5-4 over the Giants.
- San Francisco won’t be too bothered with that as they have been clearly the more dominant side between the two. They have managed to win 9 out of 14 matches against the Rockies this season.
- Madison Bumgarner has picked up 7 wins in his last 10 outings for the Giants.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the last 6 matches for the Rockies.
OUR PICK: SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS MONEYLINE