It’s Sunday and it’s time for more action as we walk you through our latest MLB trends and predictions. Last night, we correctly predicted 2 of the 3 matches we featured, and we’re looking to build on that success today with more winning picks. On another note, we will be starting a new structure to our posts tomorrow as the European football season approaches. We will still provide you with our MLB picks, however we will feature a new daily double system. In other words, we will recommended two winners that you should parlay together every day. As always, feel free to share your views and opinions on our MLB trends and predictions by following us on our social media accounts.
Cleveland Indians vs Los Angeles Angels (August 4 – 13:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Shane Bieber (10-4, ERA: 3.40) vs Jaime Barria (4-4, ERA: 6.28)
- The Indians are one of the best teams in the American League, having won 59% of their matches so far this season. They have been equally convincing at home, having won 10 of their last 15 matches. On the other hand, the Angels have been struggling when playing away, having won only 8 of their last 15 matches.
- Cleveland has proven to be the more dominant side between the two, having convincingly won both games of the series so far 7-3 and 7-2.
- The Indians have also won 14 of the last 15 matches against the Angels when playing at home.
- Shane Bieber has won 5 of his last 6 outings for the Indians.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the last 9 matches between the two teams.
OUR PICK: CLEVELAND INDIANS MONEYLINE
Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers (August 4 – 15:05 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Pedro Payano (1-0, ERA: 3.40) vs Jordan Zimmermann (1-8, ERA: 7.23)
- The Rangers have been having some recent success at home in the past couple of days, having won 3 consecutive matches. This includes back to back wins against the Tigers.
- Detroit has had their issues this season, specifically when playing away from home. They have only managed to win 33% of their away matches, which is good enough for 2nd worst in the American League.
- Texas has won 7 of their last 8 matches when playing at home against Detroit.
- Jordan Zimmermann has had a negative season all along and it’s tough to back him up with a 1-8 record.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the last 6 matches between the two teams.
OUR PICK: TEXAS RANGERS MONEYLINE
Los Angeles Dodgers vs San Diego Padres (August 4 – 16:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Kenta Maeda (7-8, ERA: 4.07) vs Chris Paddack (7-5, ERA: 2.78)
- The Dodgers are the best team in the National League with an outstanding 65% win percentage. Moreover, they have done even better at home as they hold an exceptional 42-15 record. The same can’t be said about the Padres. They have been struggling and they only managed to win 3 of their last 10 away matches.
- Los Angeles has won 7 of the 12 encounters between the two teams this season.
- The Dodgers have won convincingly against the Padres in this series, beating them 4-1 last night and 8-2 on Thursday.
- The Padres have also been struggling when Chris Paddack starts as their pitcher. He has only won 2 of his last 7 road outings.
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the last 8 matches between the two teams.
OUR PICK: LOS ANGELES DODGERS MONEYLINE