Let’s analyze three upcoming baseball games to follow up Tuesday’s MLB trends & predictions. We’ve got some enticing picks for you today! July is coming to an end and many teams are cranking up the heat with a playoff spot in sight. These games will be increasing in intensity as we have already passed the halfway point of the MLB season. As always, feel free to share your views and opinions on our MLB trends & predictions by following us on our social media accounts.
San Diego Padres vs Baltimore Orioles (July 30 — 15:40 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Dinelson Lamet (0-2, ERA: 5.00) vs Tom Eshelman (0-2, ERA: 5.78)
- San Diego has a 47% win record while Baltimore sits well below at 33%. Baltimore have one of the worst records in the MLB, tonight they face a team on the brink of .500.
- The Padres are 7-2 in Lamet’s last nine starts vs teams under .500.
- Lamet is also 4-0 at home in his last four against teams under .500.
- Baltimore are 1-7 SU in their last 8 games against an opponent in the National League West division.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 7 games when playing on the road against San Diego.
OUR PICK: SAN DIEGO PADRES MONEYLINE
New York Yankees vs Arizona Diamondbacks (July 30 — 19:05 EST)
Expected Pitchers: J.A. Happ (8-5, ERA: 5.23) vs Taylor Clarke (3-3, ERA: 6.27)
- Both teams have won exactly 2 of their last 5 matches. However, all of those were away matches for the Yankees.
- The team with the best record in the AL is looking to bounce back and add to their excellent home record of 69% in their last 5.
- Arizona is sitting at a 51% away record in their last 5 big league matches.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Yankees’ last 9 games.
- J.A. Happ is looking to stay hot and has positive stat line against the Diamondbacks. He is 3-1 with a 2.03 ERA, 14 walks and 33 strikeouts over 31 innings in six career appearances against the Diamondbacks.
OUR PICK: NEW YORK YANKEES MONEYLINE
Miami Marlins vs Minnesota Twins (July 30 — 19:10 EST)
Expected Pitchers: Zac Gallen (1-2, ERA: 2.76) vs Jake Odorizzi (11-5, ERA: 3.84)
- The Twins have the best away record in the MLB that sits at exactly 62%.
- On the flip side, the Marlins have the lowest home win percentage in the NL at 39%.
- Twins’ starting pitcher Odorizzi is 1-0 with a 0.90 ERA, a 0.80 WHIP, four walks and 13 strikeouts over 10 innings in two career starts at Marlins Park.
- Meanwhile Gallen is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA, a 1.50 WHIP, seven walks and 13 strikeouts over 10 innings in two career starts at Marlins Park.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Minnesota’s last 8 games.
OUR PICK: MINNESOTA TWINS MONEYLINE